Get the Book!

Oh, Come Angel Band ~ The Living Genealogy of the Charlton Bates Family authored by Yvonne Perry and Jenny Bates Meadows-Sauls is available for
Purchase on CreateSpace
Purchase on Amazon.com

Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Moses Petty and Indy (Endy) Bates Barnfield, with children Adell, Nina and Loyd

This is a postcard sent by Indy (Endy) Anna Barnfield to her parents, Thomas and Sarah Elizabeth Ward Bates. It reads "to my dear old father and mother." The postcard is a photograph of Petty Moses and Indy (Endy) Barnfield with their children, Adell, Nina and Loyd, taken in about 1920.

Endy Anna bates Barnfield came by train to Vernon, Texas in 1904. Her parents, Thomas F. and Sarah Elizabeth Bates, came to Texas for the birth of their grandchildren in 1906 and 1908. Both of those children died the year they were born.

In 1910, Nina Elizabeth was born and the Bates grandparents were here for her birth; however, they never got to come again. After Nina came Loyd Harrison in 1912. Adele was born in 1915, and Hester Lee was born in 1918, and John Bunion (J.B.) was born in 1924. Hester Lee is 97 and still active in 2015.

3 comments:

  1. The last name is Barnfield .Endy Anna bates Barnfield came by train to Vernon,Tx.in 1904.Her parents Thomas F. and Sarah Elizabeth Bates came to Texas for the birth of their grandchildren of whom died in in 1906 and1908.In 1910 Nina Elizabeth was born and the Bates grandparents were here for her birth,however they never got to come again.After Nina came Loyd Harrison in 1912,Adele in 1915,Hester Lee in 1918,who is 97 now,and John Bunion (J.B.) in 1924.The Bates decendents in Texas would love more contacts and share our stories if you would like.I am the ggreatgrandaughter of Big Granny Bates and my grandmother,Endy,shared many stories of Georgia and her family with me.One of my and my mother's favorite songs Is Angel Band.Please respond. Love and God bless! Brenda Davis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for this information, Brenda. I wish we had found one another when Jenny and I were researching for the book. All we had to go by was what others had put on research sites and what we found in family belongings or information passed down verbally.

      Delete
  2. This is Brenda Davis from Texas.Jenny sent me her email,and I cannot connect
    With it.Please let me know her correct email.Thank you for the book.You did an awesome job!I need to order one for my daughter.My 97 year old mother is the last surviving grandchild of Big Granny's on the Barnfield side of the Bates family
    In Texas.Thanks again. Brenda

    ReplyDelete